Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Friday, September 5, 2014

September 1, 2014 (Labor Day)

September 1, 2014

Hello family!

To answer your questions:

- Yes, we have a carbon monoxide detector in the apartment.

- BG numeros have been muy bien.

- hook me up with some peanut butter fudge from Disney if you could, please! I promise to monitor my numbers :) I couldn't really ask for much more.

So this week has been pretty good. The sister missionaries in our ward had a baptism this week. A man who's been receiving lessons for over a year (from 17 separate missionaries), finally made his covenants with God and was baptized, which is awesome!
 

 

As for us, the two that I mentioned a few weeks ago with a baptismal date actually moved out of their apartment and changed their phone number.... but we got someone else on date and we're set for Oct. 11th. We actually invited him to baptism in a McDonald's, which just goes to show that no matter where you may be, the Spirit can still dwell there, because I can guarantee it was strong in that little McDonald's booth.

I don't feel like a greenie anymore. I feel I've grasped the ropes on most things that my trainer, Elder Robbins, has taught me. I have no idea if this is the same for any new member of the Melchizedek priesthood, but to me: giving a blessing was scary!  I wanted to be led by the Spirit and say what was most appropriate and helpful to whomever needed the blessing. Well I've pronounced the blessing, I think, six now? I gave three blessings this week! Beyond that, everything else, like learning the area, has been going well.

 
I pray about you every night and wish you the best! Oh, and I finished reading the Book of Mormon this Saturday. I started on August 3rd, so it took me 27 days to read it all! Woohoo! That's a personal record :) plus I marked everything pertaining to the gospel with different colored pencils. Blue for faith, red for repentance, purple for baptism, yellow for the Holy Ghost, and green for enduring to the end. It was a ton of fun and now I plan on reading Jesus the Christ :)

Love you lots,

Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment