Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

September 22, 2014

Hello family!

Thanks for writing, dad :) everything has been real nice up here. It's official fall now. What is fall? I don't even know. I've lived in Arizona my whole life and only know about the "hot season" and the "hotter season." All the trees are slowly turning red and orange, though!

Elder Robbins and I went to Waukegan Harbor this week at sunrise. Took heaps of pics! It was gorgeous haha

Turns out we have nobody on date for baptism anymore. M.S. is now on the streets because T.L. (his fiancée) is in jail.

Won't provide details but just know that it's hectic and yeah...

J.H. told us he loves our company but will not convert because he does not believe we need to work our way into heaven. We tried to explain to him the Plan of Salvation and everything... but I don't believe it's clicked at all. I'm praying that he has a spiritual witness that this church is true because I know he has the capacity to believe - he just needs to put forth the effort.

My first three months is almost finished (transfers this coming Saturday) and I have not had any baptisms nor is anyone on date. I don't really feel discouraged though; the fact that they do not want to accept the gospel is part of their agency and, me as a missionary, I respect that. I bear witness it is true, though, and I continually pray they, as in all my investigators, will see the brighter side to our church. All I can do is continue to have patience.

I'll be giving an hour and a half lesson on faith tonight for FHE...
and it's going to be all impromptu (except for my planning, of course). I'm sure I'll butcher it but everybody is so loving I guess I'll be okay :)

Please take care family, and please mom, take it easy! Get the men in the house to do EVERYTHING; as a representative of Jesus Christ, I declare it as law!

Love you a lot and continue to love on another!

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment