Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

Hello familia!

This week was pretty fun. Exhausting week, too. Now, don't tell any of my girlfriends this (just kidding, I have no girlfriends), but I actually worked out every day this week! Woohoo! Didn't go to the gym a single time, but man, everyday we had service! We basically went chopping up a stump, removing the stump, digging out a bush, chopping up wood, and helping someone move into their apartment (on the third floor - with only stairs - and they had a massive couch). Don't worry, though, I went to the gym today so I continue to stay in shape :)

A lot has happened this week, too. We got to meet with some new investigators, we got to teach A.C. (the new referral that's been to church twice now). I invited her to baptisms for November 8th, but due to some complications with the date for her, we pushed it to November 1st. She's awesome. I have no doubt she'll make it. Then again, I had high hopes for J.H. to be baptized, except the next time we met he told us baptisms wasn't for him. So we'll see!

I also have some bad news. It's Fall here, and it's beginning to turn red and orange everywhere, and ya'll won't be here to enjoy it.

I'll try to send a picture or two when all the trees turn completely orange and red :) it's not there yet, but it's coming. Being from Arizona, I can honestly say this is the first time I've actually been somewhere long enough to see the effects of Fall. Arizona just has the hot season and the hotter season.

Transfers are coming this Tuesday. Elder Robbins is heading over to Westchester, which is part of South Chicago on the more western side. Elder Alvey will be my new companion. I already know Elder Alvey because we met during the temple trip, not to mention Elder Kircher, who was Elder Robbins' first companion in this area in the Buffalo Grove Stake, is Elder Alvey's current companion, so when we went to the temple, it was Elder Kircher and Alvey and Elder Robbins and I. Elder Alvey is a great elder, so I'm stoked.

To answer your questions: yes, I got the package

I loved it. Very very generous! It was 81 degrees today so the winter stuff is going to be in storage for a while.

Blood sugars are a-okay. Not perfect, but decent. I have my high days and my low days, but it's manageable.

If I could ask one question: is my piano sheet music still around? I forgot all the renditions I learned back home and would love if, in the next package, you could send it? I understand if it's lost or destroyed, I wouldn't bother. If it's not, I'd like to get back to playing them!

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment