Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014


Hello family!
 This week has been tons of fun. Glad to hear everything is going well, and sorry to hear about your back! Please be 100% better by the time I return, okay? Every time you talk about Carson or Monroe, it's just... man, I miss them. Carson is just such a stinking adorable little dude and it's going to be so weird to see him walking and speaking when I return!

 So Friday we had a car wash, from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. We all got roasted!! We as missionaries from Gurnee 1st, 2nd, and the Spanish Branch participated in the event and washed a bunch of cars for free at the church building. When someone who wasn't a member stopped by, we'd invite them for a tour of the church and give them free donuts/BoM's. It was an awesome way to receive some new PNI's (Potential New Investigators) and we all had a lot of fun while doing it. If I were a steak I'd be just about medium-well now, but hey that's good, because I still have some blood in me ;) I have a nice farmer's tan! Woohoo!
 No new updates on our investigators. We're still working on them, piece by piece. We received a lot of PNI's this past week so we're hoping to get back to them so we'd have a busy schedule this coming week.

So the rules on Facebook: no one can tag me or post on my wall, and I cannot post anything outside of my "character" as a missionary. My account is primarily to friend and fellowship investigators/recent converts, and to occasionally post spiritual messages. If you find a thoughtful picture or a quote by some General Authority, please share it with me via email! You can still like my posts, though :)
 My insulin should be good for another month - I have half a dozen vials or so and I empty one every 9-12 days. BG numbers are doing great - more or less. Of course it's not perfect, but it's manageable. I actually fasted this Sunday without any Diabetic complications interfering. I just set my basal rates to 50% and that did the trick. I also bore my testimony in sacrament, which was pretty sweet.

 I testified of something that really impacted me earlier this week. I heard from another Elder this saying: "God does not love us if we're perfect . He's perfect, so He loves us." Man, that sunk in pretty deep, but it's so true. He is perfect and whether we are sinful or striving to be righteous, He will still love us. That's part of perfection. If we're striving to be Christ-like, we must too learn to love everyone unconditionally. Everyone!
 Love you all, and I wish you the best,

 Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment