Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

Dear Family,

Hello from Waukegan, Illinois!

I’ll just paste these questions and answer them: 

Where are you living?

In an apartment

How do you do and your companion do meals?

Whatever we feel like. Mornings usually are cereal/PB&J/eggs or whatever. Lunch/Dinner is kind of a toss up.

Do members feed the missionaries there?

Yep. I'd say in a 30-day period about 15-20 days are scheduled with members.

What are some of the meals you've had so far?

People here in Illinois know how to feed the missionaries. Already enjoyed Chicken Pot Pie, some ribs, and so on. I feel spoiled.

Are you in a car, bike or walking?

In a car. Makes life too easy.

How is the teaching coming along for you?

I will say though that I'm talking more in the lessons. Between Elder Robbins and myself talking - it's usally 90-10, but now it's 80-20!! Woohoo!! Maybe I'll work my way up to 75-25 this week!

How was church today?

Church on Sunday was great and the people are great. Gurnee 1st ward, the ward I belong to here, is strong but small. But hey, at least everyone gets a soft bench.

What's your area like? Is it pretty?

It's very green and gorgeous here.

How's the weather?

Humid and warm. Gotta love it!

My spiritual thought for you:  We are all on the Lord's time, and how we spend it really expresses how much we are disciples unto Christ. When we are turning inward and thinking only of our needs, we are wasting our time here on Earth. As we turn outward, not only will they be blessed but so will we.

I love you all, I hope you're doing well back home!

Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment