Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Thursday, July 10, 2014

June 26, 2014

Hey Mom,

So, the second day of MTC has ended, and it's been great. I've been pretty exhausted, and it felt like the longest day of the year, but settling down and almost retiring to bed is a satisfying feeling, and not because I'll be in casual clothes, but because I accomplished a lot.

I've been assigned District Leader in my district, which entails being responsible to two other elders and two other sisters (excluding Elder Bateman and myself). My assignment includes retrieving their mail and conducting Sunday meetings (and other stuff that I'm unfamiliar with; I was just assigned this about twenty minutes ago). Elder Bateman and I are getting a long well. He's a great companion with an impressive knowledge of the scriptures. Every time we teach, role play or study he cites scriptures or refers to some doctrine that, unfortunately, I'm not too knowledgeable on. But that's okay, because I know I'll get there. I know I'll be knowledgeable enough to teach investigators and so on, because I have faith in the Lord that I will reach that point. I'm learning quick, and what I didn't know about my mission is how much we actually STUDY!! An hour of personal study then an hour of companion study is a lot to take in, and I'm just trying to find what doctrinal information or scripture I can divulge in to spend my time wisely.

Anyway, I've been taking pictures and will be sure to send some.

Much love, Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment