Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 21, 2014


July 21, 2014

Hello Mom and family!

Man, there's a lot I want to say in this email! This week was very eventful. We just helped a recent convert settle into a new apartment. She's not in our ward (I think?), so it was the first time I met her.

The elders and sisters here are great. Every P-Day two Spanish speaking elders stop by and play some board games with us because we have a washer and dryer in our apartment. They wash their clothes while just spending like a few hours with us. Pretty chill! Not the best extracurricular activity to get the heart racing, but hey, it works.

It's definitely not cold here. Reached 91 degrees today but isn't too humid so we're managing. One member said it's only gonna get worse so I got something to look forward to!

To answer your question: yes, got both packages. We actually had a zone meeting where we sang "I See Our Zion" - an arrangement President Woodbury himself composed. It was there that we received our packages and I opened mine (because I couldn't wait) in front of like ten other elders... they all know I'm a greenie now!!! Haha it was pretty funny.

Oh, and something happened to me which is pretty awesome. We have a member in this ward that creates orthotics. He also TEACHES podiatrists how to do their job, so he has some skill in what he does. Previously I probably should've noted that my orthotics were just killing my feet.  So, he sees me put on my shoes and asks: "You have orthotics?". I say yes, he looks at them, then frowns. He doesn't like them at all. He then offers to fix them, and I accept. What I didn't know is that he had a workshop in his garage for creating soles. Bam, he spends twenty minutes and he's done. I'll attach some pictures of it, because now it's been five days since he fixed my orthotics and it's been pretty good!

That's all for now, love you all!

Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment