Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Thursday, July 10, 2014

June 28, 2014

June 28, 2014

Dear Mom,
 
Just so you know, I did get two Dear Elder  letters from you, as I know you asked if I was getting them. We couldn't receive mail until our District Leader (myself) would hand them out at 9:15 PM, and to be fair I wasn't going to open mine until everyone was handed theirs at the end of the day. Glad to hear you made it back, I'm sure Las Vegas was tons of fun. Saturday is my P-Day so I actually have time to write to you.
 
Being here in the MTC is great. Actually having a schedule and working is refreshing. The first few days I was a bit overwhelmed, since I didn't really have any time to even use the bathroom or go for water, but now I'm kind of getting a grip of things and actually have time for those necessities. The three hour personal/companion study sessions... well, it'll take some patience in getting used to. Not really homesick, nor am I really too exhausted. I keep waking up in the middle of the night at 4:30 and can't return to sleeping when 6:30 hits, which really frustrated me. It wasn't until this morning that I remembered I woke up at 5:30 every morning in Glendale, so it's just my internal clock. I'm just really hoping in Chicago I won't be waking up at 2:30 every morning because well... that'd just be annoying.
 
Elder Bateman and I are getting a long well. I feel like we were placed as companions for a purpose. I've noticed he's very reserved but also humble and intelligent, while I'm a little more open but can't think scriptures to refer to at a moments notice. We both need some growth and experience, but being his companion helps me grow faster. Not sure if I wrote this in my last letter, but our district is four elders and two sisters. Next Wednesday we're expecting sixteen more elders/sisters to join our zone (our zone has two districts, I'm part of district A), so we'll be expecting eight more in my district.
But anyway, my classes are amazing. My teachers, Brother Crandall, Brother Fegan, and Brother Johnson are return missionaries, all married, and all deep with the spirit. Brother Crandall especially just understands how the spirit works, and whenever we're receiving a lesson, the spirit is there, and the spirit is strong. One thing Braden and Jarom probably didn't do too often is roleplay with investigators. I mean, sure, they did, but did they do it ten-twelve times in two weeks? Because that's what the schedule says and I've already roleplayed a lesson about three times. They say the MTC is much different now than it was two years ago, and I guess that makes sense.
 
The food here is actually top-notch. They got three different menu meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Had the best onion rings I ever had here, so keep a note of that!
Anyway, I guess I'll sign off here. I don't really have any questions for you except on how you are doing. I love you Mom, and I love you family. You'll be in my prayers,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment