Keaton at Provo Temple

Keaton at Provo Temple

Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014

Hey Mom,
 
Just wanted to tell you that everything here in the MTC is going great. It's already been past a week now, which is pretty weird, since I realized I only have twelve days studying here in the MTC. Sometimes when I think about it, I think that's just wayyyyyyy too short and how could I ever be a decent missionary with such little preparation? Other times, however, I think how long it is and how much I just want to actually stop teaching actors and go on teaching real life people. I guess I'm just hard to please.

I'll try to answer all the questions you had for me, but unfortunately, I left your letter in my residence and don't have the motivation to go back and get it. So yeah, according to my ability to remember, I'll answer them:

Elder Bateman and I are the only two elders heading out to Illinois, Chicago in the entire MTC. I kind of feel like Jarom a bit, so I understand how he feels as he and Elder Bradley were the only ones heading to New Delhi, India. Our whole branch (Branch 1) is completely segregated; in my district, District A, we have two elders (Elder Taylor and Elder Whittier) serving in Louisiana, Baten Rouge, and the two sisters (Sister Hoofman and Sister Udall) serving in Philadelphia. In District B, two elders (Elder Murphy and Elder Decoursey) are serving in Provo, Utah! How fun, right? They step outside the MTC and they're in their boundaries. No worries on airplane tickets! We now have four districts in our zone, because sixteen more missionaries came this previous Wednesday. Couldn't really tell you anything about them.

We'll be heading out Monday morning at 4:30 AM, so midday July 7th we should be in Chicago! And of course, since we're the only two serving in Chicago, we'll be the only two on the plane.

Elder Bateman is from Washington State, and is a very independent yet intelligent individual. He knows a good deal about history, the bible, and the Book of Mormon, which really makes it easy for me during investigator meetings. He is a bit reserved, though, so I find it my responsibility to carry on the conversation. Sometimes, of course. I'm not perfect, and Elder Bateman is always full of surprises. Those investigator meetings, though, are just loads of fun. The TRC (Teaching Resource Center) is just a program for actors to pretend like investigators, and in some cases, ARE actually investigators. We were assigned xxxxx, who's this lovely elderly woman who's Jewish yet has some questions about the church. During this past week, we've taught her about the Restoration, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. She didn't even know God and Jesus were two separate people of flesh and bone, but now she believes! Woohoo! Today we plan on inviting her to be baptized as we talk about the Plan of Salvation. It'll be loads of fun, I'm excited.

Love you so much,

Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment